ELY – The Ely Community Resource annual art auction fundraising event, dubbed Celebration of Artful Living in Ely, will again take place online due to social distancing guidelines in place …
ELY – The Ely Community Resource annual art auction fundraising event, dubbed Celebration of Artful Living in Ely, will again take place online due to social distancing guidelines in place because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The fun starts Saturday, April 3 at 9 a.m. sharp and continues to 1 p.m. on Monday, April 12.
“Ely Community Resource youth programs have been supported by Ely’s talented painters, quilters, potters, bakers, photographers, knitters, seamstresses, furniture makers, jewelry makers, and every type of crafter throughout the years,” said ECR Executive Director Julie Hignell.
Over the past several years, in addition to the variety of art items available in the auction, lifestyle items and experiences have been offered by expert fishing guides, canoe and kayak outfitters, massage therapists, and Minnesota attractions.
All the action takes place online. The website is www.32auctions.com/ECR2021.
“The ‘32auctions website’ makes it fun to bid by offering notification when your favorite items receive a bid higher than yours,” Hignell said. “Extended bidding at the ending time is new this year, and the choice of paying through PayPal or with a check is available when you pick up your items.” Shipping is also available.
Some of the items included this year:
• Totes/bags by Candace Bischoff, Tara Boerst, the Always Anonymous Donor, Emma Peterson and Nancy Miller.
• Jewelry by Dawn Boll, Sharee Johnson, Kay Vandervort and Cindy Bina.
• Original paintings by Bob Cary, Shaun Chosa, Sarah Levar, Joe Baltich, Linda Dahl, Michelle Moore.
• Art by Liz Anderson.
• Quilt/fabric art by Dorothy Sand, Debbie Erzar, Marisa Haraldson, Deb Edwards, Desi Dunsten, Mary Jo Karasti and Ginny Stage.
• Food by Castle Danger, Erin Moravitz, Merdie Merrill, Mary Louise Icenhour, Betty Firth, Rachel Heinrich and Pat Koski.
• Events by BJ & Tom Kobierski, Northern Grounds Wine Society, Lincoln Park Craft District, Deb Campbell, Fortune Bay Resort and Sunset Steakhouse, Great Lakes Aquarium and Carol Orban.
• Pottery by Sandy Brandley, Wade Pharr and Linda Trapkus.
• Orchid by Gracie’s Plantworks and potted by Wende Nelson.
• Services by Roots Salon, The Pebble Spa, Jessie Brooks Massage, Tara Kay Photography, Listening Point Foundation and Betty Firth.
• Knitting by Nancy Piragis, Diane Thomson and anonymous.
• Felting by Kay Vandervort, Sally Koski and Susan Ferguson.
• Clothing from Devon Luthens, Wintergreen and Steger Mukluks.
• Sporting goods by Peter Hughes and Steve Eisenminger, MN Vikings, Piragis Northwoods and Spirit of the Wilderness.
• Golf at the Ely Golf Course and The Wilderness.
• Classes by Wade Pharr and Susan Laine.
• Journals by Nicole Selmer.
• Beading by Daina Antanaitis.
• Photography by Steve Voiles, Dale Beers, Jim Brandenburg, Kris Kidd, Heidi Pinkerton and Ben Jaffray.
• Weaving by Cathy Bell.
• Laminated cutting board by Michael and Kathy Brennan.
• Woodwork by Linda Fink and Tom Dunsten.
• Zen rocks by Keiko Williams and Susan Ferguson.
• Deck furniture by Kevin Dauwalter.
• Finnish kantele by Ted Golbuff.
• Handmade soaps by Deb Erdmann.
• Greeting cards by Wendy Rouse, Kris Kidd and Evelyn Kuzma.
• Raanu Art by Muff Schumacher.