ELY- The Ely School District’s decision to require students to wear facemasks as part of their back-to-school attire this week has prompted a petition drive by some district residents seeking …
ELY- The Ely School District’s decision to require students to wear facemasks as part of their back-to-school attire this week has prompted a petition drive by some district residents seeking to reverse the requirement.
The group of residents is asking the school board to make mask-wearing optional, and they’re circulating a petition seeking support for their position, which they claim is scientifically supported. The petition will be presented to the Ely school board and administration “once support has been collected.”
By Wednesday, 255 petition responses had been sent to the school administration and school board members, according to the school’s athletic director whose wife is on the school board.
Petition: REVERT TO MASKS-OPTIONAL AT #ISD 696
We encourage all parents, grandparents, AND extended family members, concerned community residents, taxpayers, and anyone else who wish to sign this if they desire to send a strong and clear message to the board and school administration.
By signing this petition, you agree that:
• Masking children should be the choice of the parent/guardian, and only the parent/guardian
• The ISD #696 administration changing the reopening plan at 1:43pm on Friday, September 3, is seen as misleading, considering that nobody was going to be in the office again until school started
• The open house on Thursday, September 2 raised families’ hopes of a normal school year, before crushing them the following afternoon
• Science does not support the current requirements that ISD #696 has chosen to so hastily implement (see link below), and
• Caving to local and state pressure over this issue was clearly a catalyst for this extremely late decision
Please leave your comments for the ISD #696 school administration along with the limited personal information requested. THEN, SHARE WITH LIKE-MINDED INDIVIDUALS. This will be presented to the school board and administration once support has been collected.
NOTE that you can only sign this if you are within the confines of the ELY SCHOOL DISTRICT, ISD #696.
A link to the petition can be found at https://forms.gle/vRRSAD9fqFWk6giBA
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here