Support the Timberjay by making a donation.
BABBITT- The ISD 2142 school board held its regular meeting at Northeast Range school in Babbitt on Tuesday, approving a drug overdose medication policy and numerous personnel actions. Board members …
BABBITT- The ISD 2142 school board held its regular meeting at Northeast Range school in Babbitt on Tuesday, approving a drug overdose medication policy and numerous personnel actions.
Board members approved a policy allowing trained staff members to administer the emergency drug naloxone in the event someone is identified as experiencing an opioid overdose. The policy establishes a districtwide planning team and naloxone coordinator who will develop and oversee guidelines and procedures, including the selection and training of personnel. The policy outlines steps for ensuring coordination with emergency responders and district healthcare professionals, as well as appropriate and timely notification of parents or guardians if the individual experiencing the overdose is a minor. Those who assist with administration of naloxone are immune from civil and criminal liability.
The board also heard a presentation from Northeast Range Principal John Vukmanich.
In personnel matters, the board:
• Hired Kelly Nuthak as a long-term elementary substitute at North Woods.
• Hired Andrew Jugovich as a full-time science teacher at North Woods.
• Hired Joshua Walls to a four-tenths time position as a health teacher, to be combined with a current sixth-tenths assignment for physical education to create a full-time equivalent assignment at North Woods.
• Hired Tyler Voight as a full-time special educator at North Woods.
• Hired Ashley Hammer-Paakkonen as a combination language arts teacher and media specialist at North Woods.
• Hired Jennifer Fredrickson as a part-time special education substitute at Tower-Soudan.
• Hired Jessica Plassmeyer as a full-time custodian at North Woods.
• Accepted the retirement of North Woods Site 1 Secretary Ilona Svedberg.
• Accepted the retirement of Tower-Soudan paraprofessional Terry Vagle.
• Accepted resignations from Northeast Range teacher aide Andrea Trembath, North Woods paraprofessional Emily Koch, North Woods bus driver John Faust, North Woods elementary teacher Tifany Briggs, Tower-Soudan nutrition employee Jessica Plassmeyer, and North Woods elementary teacher Susan LaVigne.
• Approved a special assignment for teacher Rachael Thom as part-time dean of students at Northeast Range.
• Approved a special assignment for teacher Anne Christensen for full-time work with the School-witihin-a-School program at North Woods.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here